I’m Brad…a son, husband, dad, friend and pastor. Over the past 22 years, I have served others as a Student Pastor, High School Pastor, Family Pastor and Lead Pastor. I’ve also served on local, regional and national levels of organizational leadership and training. My first 17 years of ministry involved leading teams in larger churches. Currently, I am enjoying a unique sense of calling to helping breathe vision, life and balanced leadership into churches hoping to realize their potential.
Growing up in Winnsboro, SC, I was a small-town boy, and the only child of two amazing parents. It may not be a surprise, then, that I’m a deeply introspective, introverted person, and have invest much learning and effort toward becoming comfortable and effective in public leadership. For those of you who enjoy talking about personality, I am an Enneagram 5 and an INTJ (Myers Briggs Type Indicator). I find a regular practice of prayer, solitude, silence and meditation to be a great stance from which to enjoy the world and to speak words of life and healing.
If there’s something that makes me unique, I feel it’s the diversity of competencies that I bring into a situation. I hold a B.S. in Psychology and an M.A. in Theology (Trevecca Nazarene University), have done additional graduate studies in Social Work (University of South Carolina), and am currently pursuing a Master of Organizational Leadership (Trevecca Nazarene University). I approach relationships and complex situations with eyes on their social, psychological, and spiritual components, and tend to be a good mediator and “sounding board” for others.
MY CORE BELIEFS:
- We are all interconnected, and the best thing we can do for each other is to LIVE LOVE.
- There is good – everywhere, in everything and everyone – because in everything and everyone there is an element of the image of God. The good is worth finding, affirming and resurrecting. It is the work of God in the world.
- We must discover who we truly are as children of God, apart from the “inside voices” that have developed throughout our lives, and the false attachments by which we so often come to understand ourselves. When we learn to see ourselves in God’s eyes, the view in the mirror changes dramatically.
- Likewise, if we can look upon others with those same eyes, we will become a source of healing in the world.
- Jesus is the fulfillment of all that men have searched for in their quest for God. To follow the Way of Jesus is the single most important decision a person can make in this life, for him-or-herself, and for those around them.
The church I currently pastor uses the hashtag #livelove. I would encourage you to add that hashtag to your comments and interactions on this page, and on your own public comments and postings. I often find that when adding #livelove at the end of a comment or post, it helps me reevaluate what I’m saying through Jesus’ eyes.
HERE’S WHAT BRAD I YOU TO KNOW MORE THAN ANYTHING: YOU ARE LOVED
You are Chosen, Blessed, Broken and Given* by God as a gift to this world. Brad wants to help you live into that! *These four characteristics of our “loved-ness” are expressed best by Henri Nouwen in “Life of the Beloved”.
WELCOME! I’M GLAD YOU’RE HERE.